Frequently Asked Questions
We highly suggest purchasing travel protection! It can be beneficial in the event of cancellation, medical situations while traveling, or other unforeseen circumstances. For your convenience, CTS partners with a company called Travel Insured to provide optional coverage for our travelers. To learn more about Travel Insured’s group protection plan, click here! click here
In addition to the benefits of the standard plan (which you can view here), CFAR coverage also offers a recourse for reimbursement if travelers cancel for reasons which would normally be considered limitations or exclusions to the standard group policy. In these cases, the traveler would receive 75% of their nonrefundable trip costs back through the claims process, provided they meet the requirements of the CFAR plan. Trip cancellation must be 48 hours or more prior to scheduled departure. CFAR must be purchased at the time of plan purchase and within 14 days of your initial trip deposit. This benefit is not available to residents of New York State. You can contact Travel Insured with additional questions at 1-800-243-3174.
Yes! In fact, we strongly recommend that you insure all travel arrangements (extension trips, independent airfare, etc.) for optimal coverage. If you would like to increase your travel protection to cover additional arrangements, please visit your client portal or call our Customer Relations Team at 313-565-8888 for assistance.
You can purchase travel protection after completing your online booking journey, however it is best to make your decision at the time of registration. Some benefits (such as coverage for pre-existing medical conditions or the CFAR plan) are time-sensitive and may not be available for purchase later on. You can contact Travel Insured for more information at 1-800-243-3174.
- If you are filing a claim after a booking cancellation, please follow the steps below:
- Submit your cancellation in writing to CTS.
- You will receive an email from CTS once your cancellation is processed in our system with a copy of Travel Insured’s group policy and your individual Confirmation of Benefits.
- Follow the instructions on the Confirmation of Benefits to file your claim with Travel Insured.
With questions regarding your claim you can reach out to Travel Insured directly at 1-800-243-3174.
- If you must file a claim following an occurrence on your tour, contact Travel Insured as soon as possible (even if you are still traveling). Their staff may be able to advise you on the best way to proceed within the parameters of your plan.
Still have questions about booking a tour?
We are more than happy to take your call!
Classic Performance Tours, please call 866.466.2202
International Tours, please call 866.468.1420
Educational & Domestic Tours, please call 866.550.1081
Cruise Tours, please call 866.558.1081