Position Title: Group Air Coordinator
Department: Vendor Management
Position Reports To: Manager, Vendor Management
The Group Air Coordinator position is a key role within our Vendor Management department. Responsibilities will include coordinating all aspects of group air travel from initial request to completion while providing back-office support for various systems. Provide group air travel support to other departments within the company as required. The ideal candidate will demonstrate aptitude for cultivating rapport with airline suppliers. In addition, creating and/or streamlining procedures, documents, and other job tools as needed.
- Research and contract group air, managing air block from initiation to completion.
- Monitor groups in transit and take pro-active steps in irregular operation situations, such as, flight cancelations and delays.
- Facilitate internal client support with a high degree of initiative, confidentiality, and professional demeanor.
- Develop relationships with airline vendors to improve the overall service level.
- Embrace full-service, “24/7” mindset, accepting ownership of relationship with clients including receiving and disposing occasional after-hours trouble calls.
- Participate in operational projects, training and functions as appointed by manager.
- Work with software to prepare and deliver documents (flight schedules, invoices, travel documents, etc.).
- Monitoring price fluctuations with competing airlines with the possibility of replacing the initial contract with a more favorable price contract.
- Monitoring flight schedules of original contracts and seeking to improve connection times for more comfortable group travel.
- Master all research, pricing, booking, invoicing, billing, and payment collection processes.
- Project positive attitude with high energy, diplomacy, and creativity in work strategies.
- Provide best in class customer service that exceeds clients’ expectations.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
Highly Desired Experience
- Current, extensive expertise of domestic and international airports and cities as well as their inherent
- logistics as it relates to business/corporate travel.
- Strong experience in any GDS systems (WorldSpan, Apollo, Amadeus).