Alpena, MI | Jan 01, 2016 - Jan 01, 2018
Take your students of a hands-on educational tour of a lifetime!
Thunder Bay Resort & Elk Habitat
- Partake in a horse-drawn carriage ride into Northern Michigan’s wooded natural habitat
- View untamed elk up-close and personal and learn about their successful reintroduction to Michigan’s ecosystem
- Accommodations in resort villas and chalets with kitchen, family room, and separate bedrooms (one adult per villa required)
Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary & Submersible Lab
- Learn about marine archeology as we visit an active restoration lab, with reclaimed
shipwreck specimens on display
- Practice your skills navigating an ROV submersible on a state of the art simulator
- Build YOUR OWN remote controlled submersible and learn the physics behind its operation
- Test and operate your submersible in the sanctuary’s submersible lab tank
Devonian Fossil Dig with Paleo Joe
- Learn about all the million-years-old treasures Michigan has to offer
- Receive expert advice and tutorial on digging technics
- Find and excavate real fossils from the Devonian-Age in a fossil-rich dig site
- You GET TO KEEP all the fossils you find!
Alpena Glass-bottom Shipwreck Tour
- Take a narrated cruise on America’s only fresh-water National Marine Sanctuary, home to hundreds of real shipwrecks
- Examine the wrecks through the boat’s glass-bottom, some as shallow as only 15 feet!
- Learn about the causes of real shipwrecks, the ongoing archeology, and the maritime history of the great lakes.