The Client Relations Specialist is responsible for telephone and email sales and service communication, with clients traveling on Catholic pilgrimage tours. This position reports to the Director of International Operations. Responsibilities include proactive and reactive communications with individual paying clients to ensure all elements of forthcoming trips are prepared to maximize the pilgrimage experiences. Such elements of communication include payment for trips, trip deviations, individual special needs or restrictions, purchase of travel insurance, general travel inquiries (questions concerning passports, ticketing, TSA regulations, etc.).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (in no particular order):
- Flawlessly provide a professional, compassionate level of customer service to a wide range of personality types while maintaining the integrity of corporate policies and procedures.
- Author and disseminate all outgoing communications regarding trip information to individual clients and client-groups.
- Administer invoices, receipts, refunds, and other matters of commerce with clients.
- Become fluent with proprietary tour building software in order to make changes, run reports, and analyze all trends in the life cycle of tours.
- Prepare online booking templates for new trips and oversee the accuracy and timeliness of client purchases and payments.
- Meet regularly and often with Trip Planners and Department Manager, Sales department and outside sales representatives, to ensure understanding and mastery of all tour elements.
- Assist with production of all tour documents, including itineraries, registration documents, paperwork for final departure, and “Escort Packets” for group leaders
- Stay abreast of air travel regulations (immigration and customs rules, baggage information, etc.) and ensure all printed verbiage is kept up to date for clients
- Occasionally attend international and domestic tours, sometimes with little notice, to assist with implementation and facilitation of tour.
- Embrace intermittent off-hour work to attend evening or weekend sales events or attend conferences and/or familiarization trips outside of Southeast Michigan.
- Administer telephone-based sales of travel insurance product to inquiring individual clients.
- Must live in Metro Detroit
- Experience in a high-paced office or university setting
- Must have moderate to exceptional skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- College degree in business, liberal arts, or another relevant field
- Ability to work full-time with occasional evening and weekend work
- Ability to travel (estimated at 10% or less)
- Proven motivation and drive for results
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with math, and dealing with financial numbers and sales figures
- On-the-job training will be provided by Management to assist the candidate at the beginning of his or her tenure.
- Support from a phenomenal sales staff and colleagues on the Operations Team
- Workstation with computer, voicemail, and other office necessities
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Profit share bonus paid at the end of the year
- 401(k) plan with discretionary contributions made by the Company at the end of the year
- Medical insurance through Blue Care Network or Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and AD&D insurance
- $50K of company-paid life insurance
- Eligible for membership in IATA, an organization providing employees of travel agents significant discounts and amenities for both professional and personal travel
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume with cover letter outlining their qualifications to email@example.com
Please quote the position title in the subject line of your email.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest.