We are seeking Tour Managers to accompany passengers on our domestic educational tours. We customize tours for teachers and their junior-high and high school students to some of the most historical and educational locations in the U.S. – New York, Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Boston to name just a few. The role of the tour manager is to ensure the group – typically consisting of one to two motor coaches of 50 passengers each – adheres to the timing of the itinerary, and that all participating suppliers (hotels, restaurants, museums, etc.) are ready for the group’s arrival. The manager is the “Face the Company”, and is the point person for resolving any concerns that occasionally arise while underway.
Most tours average 3 nights in duration. Although trips can go at any given time, the high season is from March to June – there is no minimum number of tours required and tour managers will be requested to commit only to dates they know they can accommodate. Tour managers are free to work as few or as many tours as they desire.
Resumes, Cover Letters, and general inquiries can be addressed to Quentin Guichard, Domestic Tours Operations Manager: email
- Compensation is paid at a daily rate. Managers receive all meals, lodging, and admissions for participation in components of the tour
- Successful candidates will possess impeccable organizational skills. Punctuality, attention to detail, and leaderships qualities are all requirements. Those who enjoy spending time with students and youth will excel. Many of our tour managers are former teachers or instructors, but this is not a requirement for employment in this position. A working familiarity with the above-mentioned destinations is an asset.
ITMI or IGA certified, and Licensed in DC and/or NYC highly preferred
- Completed itineraries in advance of the trip
- Emergency contact information for Corporate Travel Operations Staff
- Pre-tour instructional meeting with Operations and/or Sales Staff members
- Introductory training