The Director of Sales leads the Sales Organization and drives the revenue across our market-leading departments: Educational Tours, Pilgrimages & Cultural Tours, Performance Tours. The Director of Sales has purview over all aspects of the departments’ performance including revenue and profitability, and the sales team recruitment, development, and management. We are looking for dynamic, passionate challengers.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has a successful track record with more than five years of sales and sales management experience. As a leader, the candidate relishes challenges and motivates his or her team to achieve results. The candidate enjoys developing core selling capabilities across the entire sales organization and knows how to create a positive team environment, constructively handling conflict.
As a team player, the candidate also integrates well with Corporate Travel’s organization and culture. The candidate embraces travel and the ability to fully engage as necessary with clients as needed on evenings and weekends.
Additionally, the ideal candidate demonstrates the following characteristics:
- Strategic Thinking — Systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible customer pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members to devise solutions to solve complex deal challenges. Aligns internal customer strategies with foundational product fluency.
- Communication — Tailors communication to the customer’s needs with authority; effectively delivers presentations and has exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal Influence — Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to customers to comfortably drive negotiation conversations in Corporate Travel’s favor.
- Networking — Identifies the right customer stakeholders and builds connections quickly to drive consensus for deals; works cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success.
- Ownership—Goes out of his or her way to complete a job and has a relentless drive to achieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision.
- Workflow Management—Sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into tasks and process steps that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe.
Special Requirements: International and Domestic Travel as required.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy for each group’s revenue and profit goals. Communicate and pursue this sales strategy via regular, recurring meetings within the sales organization and cross-functionally. Communicate strategy and progress updates to COO.
- Regularly update revenue forecasts within Corporate Travel planning tools and process, and use customer intelligence for account planning purposes.
- Lead all aspects of salesperson management: recruitment and staffing, training and development, goal setting, task assignment and performance management:
- Staff team consistent with sales strategy and capacity to onboard. Work closely with HR to help evaluate and select candidates. Develop and deliver a robust onboarding and orientation process for new hires.
- Train sales personnel on product, technique and all functional aspects of sales. Identify key development opportunities with team members. Close engagement with sales personnel to assess each team member’s proficiency.
- Act as a resource and mentor for all sales personnel.
- Translate company and functional goals into individual sales personnel, and drive accountability.
- Engage with senior client personnel as necessary to support business development, and sales closing efforts. Requires intimacy with each of the group products, key client organizations, and development plans.
- Continuously bolster and improve morale within the sales team by highlighting successes, utilizing positive motivation and reinforcement, removing obstacles to sales growth, and promoting common goals in an effort to elevate esprit de corps. Success visibly demonstrated as a cohesive, agreeable sales team, and to report no problematic discord.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Base Salary commensurate with experience and goal-oriented sales bonuses
- 401(k) plan
- Eligibility for company-subsidized Medical insurance through Blue Care Network HMO or Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Eligibility for FSA
- Eligibility for Vision and Dental Insurance
- Company-paid short term disability and long term disability insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Eligibility for membership in IATA, an organization providing Travel Agents unique travel opportunities and significant discounts on travel expense